All of us need to plan our food pyramid. This article can help you with some useful suggestion on building up your own food pyramid.
food pyramid,pyramid,weight control,weight control measures,whole grains food,fruits and vegetables
All of us need to plan our food pyramid. This article can help you with some useful suggestion on building up your own food pyramid. You also need to do daily exercises and undertake proper weight control measures. A proper food pyramid is the best way as to how you can maintain a balanced healthy diet.
1) Whole Grains Foods: Whole grain foods are healthy foods. Experts have revealed that a person must consume around six servings of whole grain foods per day. Whole grains are considered to be the best source of carbohydrates for our body. Milling removes most nutrition part of the grain.
2) Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and Vegetables contain the greatest amount of nutrients per calorie of any food. Every person needs to consume different types of fruits and vegetables in order to stay healthy. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables prevents dreadful diseases like cancer, heart diseases, blood pressure, intestinal ailments and so on.
3) Fiber: Fiber helps to reduce the risk of certain type of cancer diseases and also lowers the level of cholesterol. Fiber controls the amount of calorie intake and also helps to reduce the weight of a person.
4) Eggs and Fish: Eggs and fish contain large amounts of proteins, Vitamin B, lecithin and choline. Regular consumption of egg improves the health of a person. Eggs are said to be high in cholesterol but low in fats. Fish helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases in a person.
5) Strawberries: They have lots of fiber and vitamins C. Their flavonoids play an important role in strengthening blood vessels and acts as strong antioxidants.
6) Alcohol: Alcohol also acts as healthy food if it is consumed in small quantities. Low volume of alcohol reduces the chances of heart diseases. It also helps to reduce the level of cholesterol by its flavonoids. It is very important to have moderate quantity of alcohol as it has both risk as well as benefits.
7) Nuts and Legumes: Nuts and Legumes contain large amounts of proteins, fiber, vitamins and minerals.